Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finally....

I knew it, felt it, hoped it, prayed it. Now it is finally looking like reality. For months and months we have been following God's lead and praying about the possible adoption of a little girl that we have fallen completely in love with. Eight months ago, I met this little girl. There was an instant spark...a love at first sight kind of thing. I felt the strangest instant connection with her. But, not knowing much of her situation, I doubted that it could be possible. However, God just kept showing me connections in her life and ours that kept my heart and my prayers focused on her. But, she still had a mom in her life. We started this journey to be a family for a child who had no one. So, several times we inquired about other children but it never felt like something we should go through with. After a few months of knowing this angel and growing to love her, I surrendered. I began to invest much of my heart in her life. I decided to ignore what the world was telling us at times and to believe God.
And yesterday, finally, in God's perfect time, God's plan is beginning to be revealed to others. It appears that she may be legally available for adoption soon and we would love nothing more than to be her family and love her forever. Until we know about forever....we'll love her for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment