Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful for so many things this Thanksgiving.  Above all, I am thankful for a Lord and Savior and Heavenly Father that always loves me, endures all for me, and has blessed me beyond measure.  I have a family that is perfect in spite of all of our imperfections, a son that is smart and funny with a heart of gold, a daughter that has a soul that is wise in spirit-who knows what really matters in life.  I have been blessed with a husband who supports me, respects me and loves me unconditionally.   I have parents and in-laws that are always there for me, brothers and sisters who make me laugh and are my best friends!  And, I'm blessed with the most beautiful baby niece.  I have loved every minute of being her aunt!  And, I am blessed with friends that make the world a brighter place each day, by just being them!

I've been a parent now for almost 14 years and I can't help but think how grateful I am for the parents I have.  They are not perfect, but what pressure it would be if they were!  I thank them for teaching me how to be responsible, to accept the word NO, and to know when not to accept the word NO, to speak proper English, to value education, that it's not all about me, to respect and care for others, to Love the Lord, how to handle disappointment, to go to bed at a reasonable time, to live with hope, to buckle up, to keep my room clean, to live within my means, that the truth is always the best way, and that people matter more than things.  I know, that not all people are lucky enough to have parents that teach them all of these things-I encounter them daily.  I am so thankful for these things!  I love you, Mom and Dad!

We all are blessed with so much!   And, most of the time, the things we feel we have to go "without" are truly blessings too.  Most times, we don't know what is good for us.  Thanks be to God for having the perfect plan, for giving me the perfect parents for me, for blessing me with the perfect family and friends for me and for blessing me with a spirit of hope and peace and joy!  

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment