Monday, November 21, 2011

CBS's 13th Annual "A Home For the Holidays"

Our family will be featured on CBS's 13th Annual "A Home for the Holidays" on December 21st.  A fellow teacher and dear friend nominated us for the show because we are both huge fans, but she didn't tell me she had done this until they called and were interested in our story.  That was a hilarious scene when she frantically ran to me to tell me what she had done and that a producer wanted to talk to me.  It was exciting, but I really thought it would never happen.  But it did!  The producer interviewed us individually over the phone this summer and then we learned in August that we were chosen to be a part of the show.  They came to our home in August and filmed us in our home and around our town.  It was definitely an experience.  Then, just last Wednesday we flew to LA for the taping of the show.  It was simply one of the most amazing experiences we have ever had.  We were treated like stars!  Limos, hair and make-up, front row seats to performances by Martina McBride, Christina Perri, Gavin DeGraw, One Republic, Mary J. Blige and more stars like Kathryn Heigl, Jillian Michaels, and Denise Richards.  Justin Beiber will also appear on the show!  Our story of our family's adoption of Brittney is one of four family stories shared.  Martina McBride introduced us.  And one of the most fun moments of the night was when Gavin DeGraw came over and hugged me while he was performing.  It was unbelievable!  So much fun!!  We also got to visit Universal Studios, take a Hollywood tour and see many sights!

Above all the fun we had, the best and most important part of the trip was the opportunity to be a part of a show that helps children in need of forever homes a chance to find just that!  The show is responsible for thousands of adoptions over the past 12 years.  I have been a fan of the show for years and have even called for the information packet.  It still feels so surreal that I am now a part of it.   Please spread the word that the show will air on CBS on December 21st.  It is my prayer that those who feel lead to adopt will be inspired by the show or that there are those who will discover a desire to adopt.  God is doing important work here and it was a privilege to do His work and share our story.  We do not take a second of this for granted and we are so grateful for ALL of these blessings and for memories we will hold dear our entire lives.

Martina McBride will host
CBS's 13th Annual "A Home for the Holidays"
December 21, 2011

"A HOME 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie,
    My name is Steve Reifman, and I'm a teacher and writer in Santa Monica, CA. I enjoyed reading your blog. I have an idea that I would like to share with you. If you're interested, could you please send me your e-mail address. Mine is sreifman@verizon.net. Or, you can find me on Twitter at @stevereifman. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from the Land of the Maple leaf....
    I want to take this time to say thank you..Your family is a bundle of love and light and I am truly honored to have met you...
    I wish you all the best of this Christmas season and many more to come in the New Year.

    Regards,
    Isaac Crosby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac!!! It is so great to hear from you. It was such a blessing to meet you and Donna. We so enjoyed sharing that experience with you guys. It is a night that we will never forget. I wish we could all get together and watch the show. I can't wait to see how they all put it together. Please tell Donna we say hello and we wish you both a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We'll be thinking of you Wednesday night when we watch the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet surprise to find you!!!! I want to start of by saying that it was such a pleasure to meet you and your wonderful family and second that you are a true inspiration! I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to be part of such a wonderful and life changing experience. Merry Christmas to you and your family : ) I wish I was closer to give you all a big hug, but since I'm not please give Reed and Brittany a great big hug from Canada!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna!!! What a great surprise! You are so sweet and so kind. Thank you for that wonderful message. It is awesome to hear from you. We were just saying that we wish we had thought to exchange emails or something. It was such a great experience being a part of that show and meeting you all made it all the more special. You all are just wonderful and it is a blessing to hear from you. Please do keep in touch! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete